You can't win an election without reaching out to your voters! This is the most important step in ensuring a victory.
- Direct Mail
- In a corona virus world direct mail is the best way to get literature to the voters hand. It helps build name recognition and informs the voters you are running.
- Knocking doors is the best way to win an election because you get to personally interact with voters but as of right now that is not an option.
- Phone Banking
- The best ways to reach a lot of people in a short amount of time and crucial in this cycle were canvassing is not allowed.
- GET OUT THE VOTE! This is where you ensure people go and vote on election day! This is usually a few days before election and is focused on ensuring your supports go vote.
Reaching out to different organizations is a great way to get your name out and to be seen as a progressive candidate.
Money while its not make it or break it in smaller races it can make your life easier and winning easier. Which is why you should try to raise as much money as you can.
- Call time
- I know you probably hate asking for money but you need to make a list of everyone you know that could donate to your campaign and call them for a donation. Always make sure to schedule call time.
- You can have someone host an event for you so you can socialize with your voter and raise money for your campaign! Building a list of people that can host an event for you is a must then reach out to them and ask!
- Email Blast
- As the campaign goes along you will gather more data on who your supporters are and even some potential supporters are well build some list of those people and send an email blast informing them about the campaign and asking for a donation.