If we want fair representation, we can't let the extreme right be the only voices in the room! Progressive Oklahomans need a voice in the redistricting process. That's why Oklahoma Progress Now is launching our own Map Drawing Contest. Any progressive Oklahoman is welcome to enter their own map into our contest. Then, our members and supporters will have a chance to vote on which map they want us to submit to Oklahoma's redistricting committee. After we pick a winner, we'll work together to make sure lawmakers know what fair representation looks like.
To enter your map, please list one URL for each map you have created (State House, State Senate, and/or US Congress) in the textbox. Please also include a short statement that summarizes the values/criteria that you prioritized while drawing your maps in that same textbox.
- Maps for State House must have 101 districts.
- Maps for State Senate must have 48 districts.
- Maps for US Congress must have 5 districts.
- Districts must be approximately equal
- +/- 2.5% population variance for State House and Senate districts
- +/- 0.5% population variance for US Congress districts
- All maps must be created using Dave's Redistricting Software
- You can find tutorials on medium.com/dra-2020
- For full guidelines, please refer to the state legislature's redistricting committee